Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today, while I was covering a kindergarten class (don't even ask), I was showing the kids how I taught last year's kindergarteners to shape letters with their bodies. (Funnily enough, this morning while I was covering a first grade class -- again, don't even ask -- I saw many of my friends from last year's kindergarten, who were eager to reminisce about how we used to shape letters with our bodies!)

I stretched my arms all the way out to their sides and started out with letter T. "Look!" I said. "Don't I look like the letter T?"

And then a little voice piped up with these exact words: "You look like Jesus when he was on the cross!"

And even though I was miffed that I lost two instructional periods due to coverages today, it may have all been worth it for that comment.

No comments: