Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ooops, I did it again

Remember when I was going to be a kindergarten teacher?

Forget everything I posted yesterday! This morning my principal changed her mind. I'm now going to be a second grade reading teacher -- or, as we like to call it at my school, "Academic Intervention Services" (AIS). In AIS, I push into each of the second grade classrooms during reading and work with a group of no more than ten struggling readers.

AIS is what I originally applied for, and I am excited about the possibility -- I already know and teach all of next year's second graders (and they're a lot nicer than this year's second graders), I like teaching reading, I like small groups and I kind of like the idea that I don't have to be with one group of kids all day. But I am a little bummed that I got myself all jazzed up for kindergarten, and I think I would have had a lot of fun teaching over in the annex.

But will my principal change her mind again tomorrow? Who knows!

2 comments:

Nacho Lover said...

wow. sounds a bit stressful to hear these changes, but both options sound great!
let us know if one 'sticks.' :)

Bteacher99 said...

You don't know me; I've been reading since November. I've taught a decade in public schools in South Carolina and now in Turkey. I wanted to congratulate you on remaining in the teaching profession, even if you don't know exactly what you will be teaching. You care about kids, know what you are doing, and (in my opinion) belong in education.