Friday, December 21, 2007

So nobody's going to call me "Miss Brave" for a whole week?

I MADE IT TO WINTER BREAK.

(And I've been waiting four long months to say that!)

I don't know if it's just the joy of the holidays, or if the fact that I got to sit in on a reading professional development session that opened my mind up to new possibilities (oh, how I miss teaching reading!), but for the first time so far this year I had a new, irrational thought that was terrifying and exciting all at the same time:

Maybe I'm not done here yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

I got my Flat Stanley letters on Monday! I can't wait to take them in to the zoo!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I spent the last hour or so reading back in your blog. I am in a similar position to yours--first year teacher in NYC--but also different--I'm teaching high school English. I am going through a lot of the same things as you, including illness and thinking I want to quit just about every day.

I've bookmarked your page for days when I need to know I'm not alone out there.

(found you through http://jd2718.wordpress.com/)

Gail